Beam is currently seeking to appoint new Trustees to strengthen the expertise of our board to help deliver the organisation’s strategic direction.
Applications are invited from individuals who have operated at a senior level within the public, private and voluntary sectors and who can commit to attending approx. 5 board meetings per year (including a summer awayday session), alongside other pieces of strategic work as agreed with the wider board and as required.
Beam work with artists and communities to enhance places through creative arts projects. We work locally in the Wakefield district as well as further afield.
Our work includes:
- Public art commissioning. Our most recently project ‘War Horse’ is a new WW1 memorial artwork for Featherstone, West Yorkshire
- We also write public art strategies – recently we developed an action plan for City Fields – the new urban extension for Wakefield and in Leicester we wrote a strategy for the University as part of their campus redevelopments
- We undertake project and event management and fundraising and deliver community engagement and participatory arts projects
- We develop and manage cultural partnerships :
- We’re coordinators of the Wakefield Arts Partnership;
- We’re coordinators of the national Arts & Place working group, who promote the role of artists in the development of great places.
- We’re Creative Producers for the ‘Vital Valley’ Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site ‘Great Place’ scheme.
How to Register Your Interest
Please apply by email to Kevin Trickett MBE, Deputy Chair of Trustees, attaching a covering letter expressing why you are interested in joining the board, alongside a copy of your full CV, firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about the role please call Kevin via Beam on 07718 564 376.
You can download a copy of the full role description here 180813 Beam Trustee Role Description