Are you passionate about arts in the public realm? We are seeking new trustees to strengthen the expertise of our board to help guide Beam’s work over the next few years.
Applications are invited from recent graduates with emerging careers in the arts, cultural or built environment sectors and individuals who have operated at a senior level within the public, private and voluntary sectors. Applicants will be required to attend approx. 5 board meetings per year (including a summer away day session) which will be a mix of virtual and face to face meetings, alongside other pieces of strategic work as agreed with the wider board.
Beam work with artists and communities to enhance places through creative arts projects. We predominantly work in Yorkshire as well as further afield.
Our work includes:
- Public art commissioning. Temporary and permanent projects – we recently produced temporary installations in Dewbsury and Huddersfield during the pandemic.
- We also write public art strategies – we recently completed a new Public Art Plan for Huddersfield town centre.
- We undertake project and event management and fundraising and deliver community engagement and participatory arts projects
- We develop and manage cultural partnerships: including the national Arts & Place Consortium, who promote the role of artists in the development of great places.
- We’re Creative Producers for the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site and Wentworth and Elsecar ‘Great Place’ schemes.
How to Register Your Interest
For an informal discussion please contact Sharon Gill, Chair of Trustees by email . Applications can be made by email including a covering letter expressing why you are interested in joining the board, alongside a copy of your full CV.