Beam and Featherstone Town Council are seeking to appoint an experienced artist to address a design challenge at the site of a recently developed nature reserve, Mill Pond Meadows in Featherstone, West Yorkshire. The appointed artist will develop an artistic feature, which enhances the aesthetic qualities and experience of the site for visitors and passersby alike. The location is a key view both into and out of the site.
To develop a new permanent artistic feature at the edge of the Mill Pond Meadows Nature Reserve that expands on the First World War commemorative work that has already taken place on site. The artistic feature will encourage visitors to remember and learn about the past but will utilise a contemporary design to reflect the resilient and forward-thinking nature of the people of Featherstone.
Deadline for applications: Monday 14 October 2019 – 9am
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ARTIST BRIEF FOR FULL DETAILS ABOUT THE COMMISSION AND APPLICATION PROCESS.
Applicant/ Selection Criteria
Proposals will be appraised on the following:
- Quality of proposed approach & engagement, and awareness of project context
- Artistic quality, artistic ambition of previous work
- Quality of ideas and inventiveness, demonstrable experience of addressing complex design challenges
- Ability to demonstrate experience in stakeholder engagement and community engagement in the process of design development
- Ability to strongly demonstrate the technical ability and experience to deliver a commission of this scale in the public realm is essential
- Clear evidence demonstrating the ability to deliver to brief, time and budget
Image sourced from Sherburn and Villages U3A.