Beam has recently been appointed to deliver the Dewsbury ‘Creative Town Arts Programme’ on behalf of Kirklees Council.
The Creative Town Arts Programme is an integral part of Kirklees’ 10 year blueprint vision for the town.
In 2019 Cabinet Members endorsed the Public Art Plan for Dewsbury Town Centre developed by Creative Scene and approved a budget of £200,000 to bring the plan to life.
The plan, written by Creative Scene, shows how the town centre could benefit from public art and how local residents, businesses and community groups could get involved in the commissioning process. Building on the Dewsbury Public Art Plan Beam will develop a programme over the next three years incorporating a variety of permanent and temporary artwork installations in the town weaving Dewsbury’s rich heritage with the town’s ambitious future.
We want to engage with the local community in the delivery of the plan from the outset and have a number of ways for Dewsbury organisations, businesses, artists & creatives and individuals to get involved.
- We’d love to hear from representatives of local organisations and businesses who would like to apply to be part of the Creative Town Arts Steering Group (up to 6 places are available). Read more and details about how to apply below. Apply here. Please note *** deadline extended to 27th November 2020**
- If you’d like to keep generally informed about the programme please sign up to our mailing list here.
About the Creative Town Arts Steering Group
We’re launching an open call out for people representing local organisations to apply to be part of the Creative Town Arts Steering Group.
- Up to 6 places are available on the steering group and we are seeking people who represent organisations and businesses from a broad range of sectors including: Education, Arts & Culture, Community Voice, Diversity & Inclusion, Health & Wellbeing, Heritage, Built Environment, Young People or Local Business.
- We’d love to engage with as many people as possible through the programme so applicants must be able to evidence that they are well connected in the Dewsbury area.
Role of the Steering Group:
- The steering group will keep an overview of the programme and ensure it is delivering in line with the agreed programme, to time and budget; the group will shape the creative vision for the programme through an initial workshop to be delivered as a first action of the programme on 9 December 2020.
- The steering group will ensure that connections and opportunities for the programme are maximised and members of the group will make a strong commitment to champion the Creative Town Arts programme within their specialist sector and in general.
- Participation in the Creative Vision online workshop to be delivered at programme outset (9 December 2020)
- Attendance at quarterly review meetings (likely virtual in the short – medium term), potential for physical meetings later in the programme
- Respond with comments on key documents via email/ phone – e.g. artist briefs
- Meetings to be arranged at days/ times to best suit the majority of members
- For reasons of continuity we would like to keep the same membership of the steering group for the first 3 initial years of the programme, after which the membership may be reviewed. Individual places on the steering group may become available prior to this depending on the individual circumstances of members.
- Beam’s Equality and Diversity policy will be applied to the steering group recruitment process and in line with this anyone applying will be requested to complete an anonymous equality and diversity monitoring form.
- Please let us know if you have any access needs that would need to be met in order for you to be part of the steering group.
To apply please click here to complete your application.
For enquiries please contact email@example.com
Please note the deadline for application is – Friday 27th November 2020, 10am.
We will get in touch with everyone who applies to let you know the outcome of your application and for those who are not selected there will be additional future opportunities to get involved with project specific working groups should you wish to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!